Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jack & Jill

.
When we moved into our home here at Aurora Farm, I noticed a well-built bird's nest tucked in a corner under the ceiling of our back porch. It was empty. I was so impressed by the way it had been built by the birds that occupied it, that I decided not to take it down. Good decision!
.
Today, it serves as the nest for two barn swallows (I think I'll call them Jack and Jill) and their brood. While I haven't seen the little ones come out yet, I have enjoyed watching Jack and Jill playing in the wind and bringing pieces of little hay or worms into the nest.
.
The photos below were taken from our back porch.
.
Jack or Jill
.
Jack & Jill's Nest
. Jack or Jill Flying Toward The Nest
.
Jack & Jill Gliding in the Afternoon Gust
.

No comments:

Post a Comment