Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A New Addition at JLOR Farm

.
While Jim and Lori (of JLOR Farm) are on vacation for two weeks, I am keeping an eye on their cattle. I have enjoyed being outdoors everyday, but today was just very special. JLOR Farm's Cow# 516 gave birth to this calf. The photo below was taken at 10:32 AM Pacific (12:32 PM Texas time). Notice that the calf is still wet with fluid from the amniotic sac.

I didn't have the opportunity to witness the delivery. I am guessing it happened around 11:30 am (Texas time) since it was around then, while I was at the other end of the pasture, that I heard a real loud wail.



Here is Cow# 516's new bundle of joy. I couldn't tell yet if the calf is a bull (male) or a heifer (female) -- mama wouldn't let me come close enough to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment