Monday, September 6, 2010

Five Days

.
Five days from now, Jim and I will be taking my three calves to the Sulphur Springs Livestock Auction for the NETBIO Sale next Wednesday, September 15. We are delivering them several days early so they can get adjusted to the environment of a sale barn.

I know it will be stressful for them, especially since they will most likely be separated from each other and placed in different pens with other calves their own size. It will be especially hard on Vicky (Victoria's Secret) since she has always stayed close to Joshua and leaned on him like an older brother.

It will be hard on me too. I have grown extremely fond of these calves.

Morning Feeding
"We've Been Waiting Here For A While Now!"

The San Saba Girls & Abraham
Staring in Envy at the Calves

All Three Calves Have Grown a Lot

I will miss them!
Joshua, Vicky, Li'l Red
The Class of 2010
.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leo,
    I was just doing to 'catching up' on your blog. It sure does look like the farm life suits you well. Congratulations on raising up your class of '10. May God continue to bless you and your family and protect your farm in these challenging times. --Lori

    ReplyDelete